Dr. W Melvin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. W Melvin?

Posted on December 24th, 2015

One of the best docs that I've associated with. His skill has saved my life.

Posted on May 25th, 2015

Dr. Melvin saved my life. I had a problem in my throat that would have turned to cancer if I hadn't got the appointment with Dr. Melvin. He is a great Dr. and I wish him all the best in New York. But his leaving Ohio State Wexner Medical Center was a great loss.

failed Nissen surgery

Posted on March 29th, 2014

Because of acid reflux Dr. Melvin advised and performed a Nissen surgery. It lasted 3 years then it came undone. Dr. Melvin offered very little help. Am now going to the Cleveland clinic. The doctor I saw there had also seen another one of Dr. Melvin's patients earlier the same day. That person is worse off than me. This MD is running all new tests then conferring with his peers before deciding how to the next step. I feel like I was practiced on. A Nissen surgery performed through the esophagus has had a 60 to 70% failure rate. I would be interested in a class action lawsuit. If anyone else is interested please leave a comment stating such.

Fundoplication

Posted on April 30th, 2013

Dr Scott helped me so much.. I would recommended him to anyone who has severe reflux... I had gone to several local doctors for the problem but ended up driving to Columbus & an so glad that I did!!

Tremendous

Posted on July 6th, 2012

Dr. Melvin is a tremendous, caring physician. He has operated on me 4 times and each time the outcome was what he said it would be. He and his staff are excellent and present with a caring and compassionate approach to care.

Dr. Scott Melvin is the BEST

Posted on February 27th, 2012

Diagnosis was right on and took care of my problem with professionalism all the way. The OSU Hospital is the Best in the Region. Wish it was closer to my home town was worth the drive.

Posted on September 2nd, 2011

Awesome surgeon

Posted on July 30th, 2011

Communication after surgery was horrible. Had to go to medical records and request my husbands records to find out basic information about his tests and results. Would only answer specific questions, provided very little honest information on his status. Waited 3 weeks for pathology report and had to contact Chief Medical Officer of OSU to get it.Residents were rude and condesending.Patient care for my husband after surgery by Dr. Melvin and staff was very poor. Did not act fast enough to my concerns, my husband got staff infection and went into septic shock 1 day prior to being released. He spent 3 more weeks in Surgical ICU. He was unresponsive for over a week, very little brain activity. Dr. Melvin would not let me talk to the palitive care team. or put his living will in effect until I threatened to have him moved to Medical ICU. My husband passed away. I would not recomend.

Skilled but impersonal

Posted on July 2nd, 2011

Dr. Melvin is well-known for his skill at performing minimally invasive surgery. He is not very accessible to his patients, since he spends a great deal of time away from the office. Fortunately, he has a great support staff and that is beneficial to his patients. He comes across as not being direct in answering some questions and I felt "rushed" at my follow up visit. He sends surgical residents to see his patients in the hospital, rather than seeing them himself. I did not expect, nor appreciate, that he did not personally see me each day.

Arrogant

Posted on April 15th, 2011

Seemed more interested in impressing the medical student shadowing him than discussing my problem. Seemed very argumentative when I answered his questions and interrupted when I was explaining. Would not recomend.

Posted on March 24th, 2011

Dr. Melvin, is wonderful. excellant surgeon. He has the 3 most valuable skills. Care, compassion, concern. Never had a surgeon so skilled.thank you Dr. Melvin

Posted on February 10th, 2016