Dr. Scott Meyer Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Scott Meyer?

Everyone was great

Posted on July 13th, 2017

Pcl acl

Posted on August 3rd, 2016

Have not had any luck with this doctor.

Rude and not up to date with the latest methods

Posted on August 3rd, 2015

My 19-year old son had a torn ACL and meniscus. We wanted an anatomic double bundle reconstruction. Meyer did not know the technique. He could only do a single bundle repair, claiming that it was every bit as good. He acted arrogant and answered the questions very reluctantly, At one point in conversation even dropped the "f "word . Who wants a doctor like that ? I ended up taking my son to Pittsburgh, PA to Dr.Freddie Fu , who had developed the double bundle technique. He fixed my son's leg, so that eventually it became his "better" leg.

My knee surgery

Posted on April 14th, 2015

Dr. Meyer is one of the most respectful doctors I know. As being 14 years old and having major knee surgery was hard. He gave me the best option and was supportive all the way through. I have had Dr. Meyer as an doctor for 2 years on my knee. He listens and understands your concerns and injuries. I believe he is one of the best surgeons in the midwest.

Patient of Scott Meyer

Posted on September 18th, 2014

This man has No knowledge of post care. I had blood clots they didn't diagnose. 3 visits , leg was huge, blue ,purple with lots of veins. I ended up getting treatment from fibromyalgia doctor. He had me in the hospital in 45 minutes arranging immediate tests. It's been 33 more months and I still have big pain. Went back to Meyer. He refused my request for testing. Gave me walking boots. WHAT. Again my fibro dr did tests. I have a screw in knee and ankle sticking into my muscle. So I will require tests and then surgery. I will go to iowa city. This is an 3 years of incompetence.

Orthopedic repair for high-stress profession

Posted on February 7th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Meyer because of my position as an active duty Marine. He was the most trusted orthopedic surgeon in the area to repair my shoulder and return me to full duty into a physically-demanding profession. In that, he did an outstanding job. He performed an in-depth operation involving open Bankart repair / HIlls-Sachs lesion along with removal of loose bodies (bone chips) and a few other procedures. He counseled me thoroughly pre-op about options, including my future range of motion vs. recurrence odds concerns/calculus and told me what to expect in rehab. Ten years after a high-risk surgery (Bankart repair on a 19 year-old is a 50/50 proposition), I am happy to report great success with my shoulder. I went through intensive military training, including martial arts training, following the surgery with no issues. If you want a midwife or high school guidance counselor, maybe he's not your guy. But if you want a talented orthopedic surgeon, then you've found one.

Posted on April 14th, 2012

I LIKE THIS DR,I KNOW HE IS A GOOD SURGEON,AND I HAVE ALL MY TRUST IN HIM

Posted on October 18th, 2010

Dr. Meyer performed my surgery when I was 16 years old. Being a kid, I was scared and he did not help any with my problems. He was completely rude and treated me like I was stupid. It seemed like he was only out for his money. If it wasn't for his assistant I would not have had any good things to say!

Competent but sorely lacking in People Skills

Posted on September 2nd, 2010

I think he's a good surgeon. He took care of my knee. He isn't the slightest bit personable however. I never liked visiting him. I never felt like he was particularly interested in my well being. I always left feeling like I had annoyed him and taken time away from his busy schedule. I generally left feeling like he hadn't listened to my concerns.

Knows his stuff

Posted on May 19th, 2010

The guy is not a warm and fuzzy, but if you care about that when your leg is cut open you are nuts. He is the best around on knees

Best in Des Moines!

Posted on November 11th, 2009

Dr. Meyer is a great surgeon. I myself have never had to have a surgery from him, but people in my family have and he has always carried out the best possible surgery procedure and helped them to have the quickest recovery possible.

best knee surgeon in des moines

Posted on October 22nd, 2009

Dr Meyer is the best knee surgeon in the Des Moines area. I would definitely recommend him. He is up on all the latest procedures and will get you back to 100%.