Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott H Monen has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Scott H Monen has the following 5 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
Dr. Scott H Monen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Scott H Monen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
My child and I had a great experience with Dr. Monen. He was thoughtful, smart, very communicative and knows exactly how to deal with children with special needs. He explained to my autistic son exactly how to prevent a situation from happening again (which as a parent, you probably realize my son did not want to hear from me). He was very patient. I was pretty amazed by the experience and tried to rate Dr. Monen on my iPhone just after the procedure. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T USE THIS SITE FROM AN IPHONE unless it's just to read reviews. The stars were difficult to select, and it did not give me a second chance to correct my accidental low star rating. I almost called the site since I felt so terrible but figured I wouldn't get far. So, I decided to just rate Dr. Monen from my computer instead. This doctor is an exceptionally smart man, and I would recommend him to any patient looking for help in his field.
20 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAmerican Access Care Of Atlanta Llc, 250 E Ponce De Leon Ave Ste 100, Decatur, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott H Monen in this video.
Dr. Scott H Monen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, GA.