Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott M Morrell has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Wrist Injury
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Showing 5 of 10
Dr.Morrell performed a rt hip hemi post fall fx. Healing & recovery were excellant. RTK with reconstruction per Dr. Morrell 11 wks post hip. I believe his surgical skills were excellent however post op I developed some complications of low hgb & gross lower extremity edema. The procedure & complications lengthened my recovery time but I am now doing much better & confident in time mobility will continue to improve. My PT & Empi played a large role in mobility recovery. I have recommended Dr. Morrell to others for Ortho procedures. I Thank him from the bottom of my heart for a job well done!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Morrell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Scott M Morrell accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEast Alabama Medical Center, 2000 Pepperell Pkwy, Opelika, AL
Dr. Scott M Morrell is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Opelika, AL.