Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott R Rigden has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Overweight Related Conditons
Showing 5 of 16
For 40 years I've had ulcerative colitis. Dr. Rigden ordered allergy blood testing and a stool culture work up. Results revealed severe allergy reactions to dairy products and moderate reaction to egg and sunflower oil. After following Dr. Rigden's recommendations for a year, a recent colonoscopy revealed dramatic improvement! Dr. Rigden changed my life! GH
Not only am I losing weight at a pace that I can live with and be happy with, but my blood pressure had been steadily increasing for the past year, and after just a month or so, it was back to normal. Cholesterol below 200 now too! Dr. Rigden is very thorough in the blood tests he orders, so he knows precisely what each persons situation is. He lost weight in the past too, so he truly understands what you're going through. I definitely recommend him.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rigden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Edward W Sparrow Hospital
Dr. Scott R Rigden accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Preventive Medicine, 2410 W Ray Rd Ste 4, Chandler, AZ
Dr. Scott R Rigden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chandler, AZ.