Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott A Rome has the following 1 specialty
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Nerve Damage
- Sports Medicine
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Chronic Pain
- Brain Injuries
- Surgery Recovery
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I acquired a brain injury in 2007 and was hospitalized at Cal Pac Medical (where Dr Rome is the alleged director).Since being released, I am only just now seeking followup care and, I consulted Dr Rome since I was under his care in 2007.WHAT A MISTAKE!Dr Rome made false implications about my integrity because "people with your (my) type of brain injury do this type of stuff...". Essentially, he wrote a prescription and gave me directions for it MONTHS prior to when I was actually able to make an appointment with the neuropsych he referred me to (she went on a 5 week vacation).I made an HONEST MISTAKE and took the medication according to what I 'remembered' the directions stated (I misplaced the directions).I notified him and the neuropsych when I found the directions that stated I was not supposed to have taken them.After playing phone tag for WEEKS (he too went on vacation ... then the neuropsych went on ANOTHER vacation), Dr Rome basically (in ot so many words) said it was a 'test' to see if I would take the medication.OK fair enough but whats NOT APPROPRIATE is unprofessional non-communication by both HE and the neropsych.HE told me he would send me a new script for another medication and he would send it THAT DAY. TWO WEEKS LATER = NOTHING arrived. HMM did he forget? Honest mistake right? SURE but, that doesnt mean he's dishonest does it?I guess its okay for him to forget obligations but not his patients?HYPOCRITE!!Furthermore:after researching Dr Rome's medical expertise, I learned he has a high concentration in physical medicine however, not in brain medicine. WHY IS HE IN CHARGE OF A BRAIN INJURY dept?!?!?Last but not least, in an office appointment with him, he said "you may choose another Dr..." which was his response to my concerns regarding the neuropsych DOCTOR.... So, I found another AMAZING neuropsych and, I tok the time to forward all of the info to his office so he and they could connect.The next day I received a message to call his office. (WOW I NEVER GET SERVICE THAT FAST FROM HIM!!) His office staff was RUDE and told me that "Dr Rome said you could choose another DOCTOR..." Apparently I should be able to read minds - he didnt mean finding another neuropsych. He meant finding another MD. (Apparently he was in his own way 'threatening' me- to go find another Dr to help me.Dr Rome is one of the most unprofessional Dr's I have ever had to deal with. He has an incredible chip on his shoulder and, doesnt sincerely care for his patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
28 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Scott A Rome accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSutter Health, 45 Castro St Ste 200, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott A Rome in this video.
Dr. Scott A Rome is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.