The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott M Schuetze
Dr. Scott M Schuetze, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ann Arbor, MI. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schuetze is affiliated with St Mary's of Michigan (IDN). Dr. Schuetze has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott M Schuetze has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Ewing's Sarcoma
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Bone Cancer
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Schuetze is not only an incredible doctor but also a wonderful human being. He is compassionate, thoughtful and honest. He genuinely cared about me as an individual and saving my life was important to him. I felt well taken care of in a time when I had no comprehension of the path ahead. He has a quiet sense of humor and an affinity for his pet goats. Dr. Schuetze humanized a terrifying journey and diagnosis. His staff are professional and caring. I would strongly recommend him.
Dr. Schuetze is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Scott M Schuetze accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Scott M Schuetze is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.