Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott A Schwarz
Dr. Scott A Schwarz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newton, NJ. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schwarz is affiliated with Newton Medical Center. Dr. Schwarz has received 5 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott A Schwarz has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Scott A Schwarz has the following 23 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Cholesterol Management
- High Cholesterol
- Stress Echocardiography
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Scott A Schwarz has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Scott A Schwarz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 52
Dr. Scott Schwarz is not only extremely through but he is kind and considerate. He takes the time to listen to everything you have to say and really cares about your health. We can not say enough nice things about this very intelligent, caring doctor. We are both over 60 and have not seen a doctor this devoted to his job since we were children..
Dr. Schwarz takes the time to listen and really seems to care about his patients. He is reassuring and pays attention to the patients concerns. I was admitted to the hospital on New Years Day. He made sure that I got the correct diagnosis and got the right doctors to consult with despite the holiday. He handled every aspect with concern and caring. I would STRONGLY recommend him.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Schwarz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Scott A Schwarz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Associates Sussex Co, 222 High St Ste 205, Newton, NJ
Dr. Scott A Schwarz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton, NJ.