Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott R Seals
Dr. Scott R Seals, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mesquite, TX, with other offices in Rockwall, TX and Dallas, TX . His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Seals is affiliated with Baton Rouge General Medical Center. Dr. Seals has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott R Seals has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Scott R Seals has the following 7 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Scott R Seals has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
I've been seeing Dr. Seals for about 3 years. He is awesome. He is easy to talk to, he listens, he cares about his patients, he doesn't rush you and he does his best to put you on a road to health and wellness. He is my 3rd oncologist and I having others to compare him to, I can truly say he is one of a kind. He is smart, but uses his intelligence to assist you, not flaunt it. He is on time, I've never waited more than 10 minutes and that includes check-in time. He's just awesome!
Dr. Seals recently performed a bone marrow biopsy on me to double check to make sure there were not chronic conditions going on in my system. The bone marrow biopsy is typically an unpleasant procedure but Dr. Seals made it comfortable and I had hardly any pain whatsoever. He did a great job and I find his manners caring and tries to listen to my concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Seals and his technique on biopsy procedure!! He is professional, yet laid-back and easy to talk to and concerned about your overall well-being.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Seals is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Scott R Seals accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Scott R Seals is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesquite, TX.