Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott W Southard has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Scott W Southard has the following 14 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Scott W Southard has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Scott W Southard is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Great Man and Physician. Took all the questions and concerns I had seriously plus answered them honestly. 7 years now right one is doing great. the left one I crushed it and had to have it redone. still used it for another 1.5 years until I had the revision surgery. Just remember as much as it hurts, after the incision heals you cant hurt it. bend that knee past when it hurts otherwise your wasting you time replacing it. wimps you know who you are. It true. Thanks again Doc.
If you are looking for an orthopedic surgeon look no further. I would highly recommend Dr. Scott Southard. He is a very caring doctor which is a rarity nowadays. Dr. Southard took the time to listen to my concerns and he explained the different options for my ACL knee surgery. I had my surgery on Wednesday morning and by noon I walked out of the hospital with a brace. I went back to work two days later and was back in the gym the next Monday. My husband and I were amazed at my progress. We both knew that I made the right choice for the most experienced and qualified orthopedic surgeon in northern Nevada and California. It has been 7 years since my surgery and I have not had one problem with my knee. Even though no one wants to have a ACL surgery, I was extremely satisfied with my result.
This man butchered my knee! I went in for a simple ACL replacement with arthroscopy. I came out the other side with cuts to the bone that no other competent doctor does anymore. On top of that, he never disclosed the fact that arthoscopy to him includes butchering your leg. What a jerk. He claims to be a sports medicine doctor. He has set back my recovery by months! And, his forced praying just about made me get up and leave in my attractive hospital gown. He prayed that I'd "survive" the anesthesia. Can you imagine- what a jerk. My wife nearly went to pieces. He managed to make a simple 45 minute procedure last 3 hours and he still has never explained himself. I guess he thinks he is god. Run away. The man does not know how to do a surgery! I guess his claim for follow up was the letter I received in the mail saying "We are praying for you." What makes him think he doesn't have to disclose his hacking up your leg in advance?
This is one of the kindest men walking around on this earth. He will do a good job on most anything, but even more huge is how much he cares about his patients. This christian man beats to the tune of his own drum, as compared to practices with a dozen physicians, because he cares enough to think outside the box, and while no man is perfect, his passion for the patient and what is good for people is unmatchable. His desire to stay independent is applaud-able because it is only for the reason of having a different idea about patient care that is much deeper than that of the larger practices, you will not get lost with him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
31 Years Experience
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Maricopa Medical Center
Dr. Scott W Southard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Health Plan of Nevada
- Health Plan of NV HMO Rural NV
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence N NV - HealthFirst HMO/POS Network Employer
- Prominence N NV - Premier HMO Employer
- Prominence N Nevada - Preferred Healthcare PPO Employer
- Sierra Health Northern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTahoe Fracture Orthopedic Medical Clinic Inc, 1520 Virginia Ranch Rd Ste 101B, Gardnerville, NV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott W Southard in this video.
Dr. Scott W Southard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gardnerville, NV.