Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott A Steinmetz has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 15
When I first met Dr. Steinmetz I wasn't expecting someone who was very down to earth with his conversations. He made me feel very comfortable and at ease and was very quick to explain in detail what he was going to do to make me better. Dr. Steinmetz also has a great sense of humor which also eased my mind. The day of surgery he sat and talked with me again making me laugh and explained in detail what to expect post operation. I'm happy to say he has done a great job and i'm healing very well. I would recommend to anyone who needs surgery to see Dr. Steinmetz. I also can not say enough about his staff who have been great in all aspects appointments, documentation and prescriptions etc. The staff seemed to bend over backwards to make sure I was comfortable and taken care of. What can I say but what a great team. Thank you all again!!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Scott A Steinmetz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGeneral And Laparoscopic Surgery, 520 Upper Chesapeake Dr Ste 412, Bel Air, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott A Steinmetz in this video.
Dr. Scott A Steinmetz is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Bel Air, MD.