Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott R Stewart has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Scott R Stewart has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Scott R Stewart is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I had ulcers that perforated my stomach and arteries during a routine endoscopic procedure and I almost bled out. Fortunately, Dr. Stewart's quick thinking and his ability to take charge during an emergency situation saved my life. after, he continued to follow my progress to be sure I was recovering. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Stewart's approach to my care was thoughtful, well-planned and successful. He listened to me explain the quirks in my medical history and accepted my explanations for odd things. He took into account my sensitivity to pain meds, my blood oxygen drop when at rest, and my neuropathy, and he provided the right solution to get me through surgery successfully. Oh, and since the nurse was called away, he inserted my IV. It was the first IV in my entire life that did not hurt! Rest assured that this young doctor is at the top of his game.
It is rare one comes across an individual such as this, someone who is a fantastic human as well as a gifted medical professional. But that is my experience with Dr Stewart.My mom was in surgery as a patient of Dr Stewart's this past week. His ability to read and thoroughly "uptake"and then mentally processmy mom's medical history and relevant drug interactions was nothing short of inspiring.To me, I'm the person standing next to my mom about to go into surgery (for five hours) and whose putting faith in professionals I have never met. To Dr Stewart, I was a person who mattered and who had information worth noting and remarking.The surgeon called my mom's surgery a "textbook success". (She is diabetic with MS and was having an autograft to replace a leg tendon and a muscle flap overlaid to replace the natural tendon which was lost at an earlier time.)There is every reason in my mind to believe a good part of this is owed to Dr Stewart. A+
12 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Scott R Stewart is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.