2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Scott A Teitelbaum?

Retirement time

Dr.encourages married doctors to have relationships with other single teenage females as he touts it worked for him. He prefers the females to be professionals like lawyers or nurses, not college drop outs. Summer 2018

Do not see him

He will take advantage of your vulnerability and he is a hypocrite. I write something about him as often as I can.

a disgrace

his main weapon in so called treatment of his patients is the MARCHMAN ACT!!!!!!he is a disgrace.

Read reviews avoid this facility

Dr. Teitelbaum is concerned about his income and his the wife who’s 25 years younger than he is, that’s what his sessions are about, not patient concern. He has forgotten his hipocratic oath.

I got my life back

Huge thanks and nothing but love and respect for Dr. Teitelbaum and all the staff at FRC. I am a doctor myself who desperately tried to apply the adage “Physician, heal thyself.” Not surprisingly, I failed. At FRC, I finally found exactly what I needed, and I will be forever grateful for my experience there. I found Dr T to be inspiring, compassionate, and professional. He went above and beyond to help me however he could both personally and professionally. I can’t say enough positive things about him. My therapist Lori and psychiatrist Dr. Smolen were superb as well, and although I’m hoping I never have another treatment experience to compare with FRC, I feel like I had the best team I could’ve ever hoped for. Looking forward to the rest of my life again.

Believed in me

Dr. Teitelbaum showed compassion and understanding. His story is an inspiration to a recovering addict like myself. But I couldn’t have done it without Lori McGruder, my awesome therapist!! Her belief in me and guidance throughout my first 40 days in recovery was truly essential to start this journey in the right path. Dr. Teitelbaum, Lori, and the rest of FRC team members helped me find a new way to live.

Treating addiction is not an easy task...there are no diagnostic test that definitively diagnose a person positive for addiction. It is a disease that always denies its own existence. Most of us have had to be confronted with the realities of our disease. Dr. Teitelbaum and all of the staff at the Florida Recovery Center are skilled at spotting and confronting the disease. Once acceptance of the disease has occurred, treatment can be effective. If you want someone who will tell you the truth about your addiction, Dr Teitelbaum is able to do that more effectively than anyone I had ever encountered before. His truth about my disease and refusal to cosign my denial set me on the road to a long, lasting and fulfilling recovery. Ten years now and a life beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks Dr. Teitelbaum and Florida Recovery Center

Monster

Negative comments here are periodically deleted. This man deserves to be in jail.

Had to play the game

I was basically forced to attend FRC if I wanted to keep my medical license. I am not an addict or alcoholic. The initial evaluation cost $3500 , was a week long , and by the end of the week they have checked enough boxes on their list to deem you " a danger to practice medicine " so you really have no choice. You basically pay $3500 for a hair test which will show any substance you take in the past 90 days . They will treat a moderate drinker the same as a heroine addict. Someone who smokes pot twice a month the same as a cocaine addict. Any involvement you have had with a substance, and you are an addict. You must stay at least 90 days and attended AA meetings constantly. You will say your are an " addict or alcoholic " constantly even if you are not. It was a big game for me. Did I need to attend this place to get and stay sober ? Not really , but they will tell you differant . They lied to my wife of 20 yrs and my parents, who know I'm not an addict or alcoholic. I honestly wish I would have just left FRC after my evaluation , came home , got a lawyer, and fought this . At least there would be some peace inside myself about following the truth and fighting for it. I'm now labeled an addict . I can't begin to tell you about all the dominoes that fell after my 3 month stay . It's been awful and cost me tens of thousands of dollars. My wife and family are still together however and support me. I'm sober because of a drug test I take twice a month, not because of AA or FRC. I have more difficulty dealing with the trauma FRC caused than problems with drugs or alcohol. I constantly had to make up stories about drugs and drinking to get through the program, I truly did not understand or relate to many stories I heard about drugs. Most of the staff are OK . Dr T is a narsisist and a recovering adidict. He didn't bother me because I played his game. I didn't need to be at FRC and treated for the disease of addiction . I was misdiagnosed with this disease . Can you image a physician who diagnosed diabetes in a non-diabetic and started giving insulin shots ? It would cause some damage and that MD would be " a danger to practice medicine " . Well , this happens at FRC . Just my honest opinion .

Avoid at all costs

Scott and FRC are not healthy or professional. This is a company that utilizes gaslighting and triangulation on patients and family members of patient who are desperate to save them and play to their fears. I like many others who went to FRC experienced trauma there. Please know that there are effective and professional treatment programs - most are for 28 days, not 60, not 90. Also whenever a treatment center does not allow you and your family to speak freely and privately is a huge red flag. FRC is a racket plain and simple - even more tragic is that it's a racket being run by an unqualified unprofessional narcissist.

Worst nightmare ever

Yes, he is a complete tyrant. Shands tries to make him look compassionate and that drug addicts have "personality disorders" and can't be trusted. So many years later the affects of what he did play a role in my medical treatment. So, when will he take responsibility for all his wrongs? How can so many people say the same thing be wrong - they aren't - florida made a grave error in giving him a license after he lost it in another state.

FRAUDULENT CONARTIST

Dr. Scott A Teitelbaum is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.