The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott A Tetreault has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Scott A Tetreault has the following 4 expertise
- Cancerous Tumor
Dr. Scott A Tetreault is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
My appointment with Dr. Teterault went very well. I felt at ease until after 3 weeks of appointments his office tells me he will not be performing the bone marrow biopsy I'm scheduled for on Wednesday of this week! I have never met the Dr. they now tell me will be exracting my bone marrow. I won't have this procedure performed by a Dr. I've never met.
Total jerk. Absolutely NO bedside manner. Callous and dis-compassionate to my mother when she just after she had been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. He didn't take her particular insurance and told her "you people should" think about how your going to handle these kinds of health issues. Like anyone ever anticipates they're going to have a fatal diagnosis of cancer, before it actually happens to them. Such a jerk.
Dr. Tetreault is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Scott A Tetreault accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Tallahassee North, 2626 Care Dr, Tallahassee, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott A Tetreault in this video.
Dr. Scott A Tetreault is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tallahassee, FL.