Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott A Anderson
Dr. Scott A Anderson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Decatur, GA, with another office in Conyers, GA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with Rockdale Medical Center Inc. Dr. Anderson has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Scott A Anderson has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Scott A Anderson has the following 18 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
Showing 4 of 12
Dr. Anderson is a fine cardiologist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott A Anderson - Posted on August 31st, 2017
One of the best.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott A Anderson - Posted on June 29th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott A Anderson - Posted on December 4th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Scott A Anderson - Posted on August 29th, 2012
I experienced minor symptoms of chest pressure and shortness of breath.... Scheduled an appointment with Dr. Anderson where he performed necessary tests, scheduled prompt corrective action. I received great care resulting in renewed vitality and stamina. A five star rating as far as i am concerned!!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Grady Memorial Hospital
Dr. Scott A Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Scott A Anderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Decatur, GA.