Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott A Wellmann
Dr. Scott A Wellmann, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Pediatrics. Dr. Wellmann is affiliated with Alaska Psychiatric Institute and Providence Alaska Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott A Wellmann has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Scott A Wellmann has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
Dr. Scott A Wellmann has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Scott A Wellmann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Wellmann is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Scott A Wellmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Locations & DirectionsAlaska Childrens Heart Center, 3260 Providence Dr Ste 532, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott A Wellmann in this video.
Dr. Scott A Wellmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.