Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott G Willson has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Showing 5 of 22
I have never had a doctor whom I trusted more, nor one so passionate about what he does. His follow up and concern is unprecedented. When I took the labs he ran to my primary care physician he said it was all completely over his head and he wished he had time to practice like that. Dr. Willson diagnosed so many issues that dozens of other doctors either misdiagnosed or missed completely (even the Mayo Clinc). When I met him my hair was falling out so bad I actually bought a wig and went to the Hair Club for options. I had gained a lot of weight. I was so fatigued I couldn't function. My hypoactive thyroid had been misdiagnosed by at least a dozen other physicians. I was virtually completely sedentary. I didn't realized my body was nearly deplete of several hormones and no other doctor had even checked that despite my knowledge now that all my symptoms were pointing to it. I'd had these symptoms for years. Now, I can't even put into words the difference in the way I feel. My zest for life is back. Lost all the weight I gained and a little more. I enjoy life again. When you fix the big stuff, you can focus on the little details that didn't seem to matter before. Dr. Willson fixed a scar I had at my inner eyebrow that I'd had for 20 years. It made me look like I was scowling when I wasn't. People were constantly misreading me thinking I was angry when I wasn't. (even my own mother.) I'd asked dermatologists before over the years if they could do anything for it but none could. Then I mentioned it to Dr. Wilson. Wow. He fixed it. I feel so much better. I've seen what he's done for others too, including a woman who was in a car accident and had a droopy eye from it, which Dr. Willson fixed. He is very very skilled at what he does. I would recommended him to anyone.
I am a patient of Dr. Willson and asked him directly about his residency. He completed his residency at KU. Obviously, the critic had the wrong Dr. Willson. Dr. Scott Willson is a knowledgable doctor that has helped me with an array of medical and cosmetic issues. I recommend him to ALL my friends and family. They are equally impressed with not only his bedside manner - but his abilities.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Scott G Willson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScott G Willson Md, 11879 W 112th St Ste 300, Overland Park, KS
Dr. Scott G Willson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.