Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott L Yagel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Scott L Yagel has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Scott L Yagel is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
. I am most disappointed in the wait time. I waited over 50 minutes to be seen by the doctor. 50 minutes just to have him walk into my room!! I never received any feedback as to the wait and when I addressed the issue to the doctor he merely stated I'm sorry. If the wait time was going to be long, I would appreciate if the doctor/ receptionist asked me if I cared to reschedule, who said I didn't have something else to do? My time is just as valuable as any person, so when I schedule an appointment I expect to be seen at least within 15 minutes. After all, the receptionist is the one looking at the calendar to ensure I am placed in to a time that is compatible with the doctor's schedule. If I arrive late or do not call, I am billed anywhere from $50.00 to $200.00 depending on the incident. If the doctor arrives late, I get nothing except sorry and all my other appointments being thrown off at that time. Why is it OK for the doctor to be late but not the patient? If you have too many people scheduled or you can't wrap up an appointment in a timely manner, maybe you should try placing greater distance between the next patient, to allot for the overtime (which by the way I'm not getting paid for) in which the patient will be occurring. So many times people say this is the norm, this is not acceptable! If you arrive late at the doctor's office you are billed or asked to rescheduled, if you arrive late for an interview you will not get the job, if you arrive late at your job you will be fired. Why is it OK for a doctor in a doctor's office to be late for his/her patients? I had an appointment; I even brought in my paperwork already filled out. I didn't just walk in. I rescheduled an appointment for another doctor while waiting for the doctor to come in, upon him coming In, I left. He or she will no longer be privy to my money when I have to wait excessively.
34 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Scott L Yagel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Associates Of Se Va, 400 Gresham Dr Ste 303, Norfolk, VA
Dr. Scott L Yagel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.