Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Scott Yarmark has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 25
This guy is horrible. Has given wrong diagnoses and opinions to me or my husband on more than 80% of our visits. Jokes with staff inappropriately in front of patients. Husband called in sick to get an appointment for a terrible upper respiratory infection or bronchitis (best guess considering how sick he is and how much he is coughing) and Yarmark won't see him for 3 days! Really? Even though he was told he has been getting worse everyday for the past 3-4 days. If that is the soonest a doctor can see a patient during an illness he should probably re-evaluate how many patients he has or get some help! He doesn't seem to care at all and will make snide remarks while examining you. Prepare to wait over an hour to be seen once actually in the office, at times it has been more than 3 hours. The only positive in the entire office is his staff. We both avoid going to the doctor when we probably should because its just that terrible of an experience at Yarmarks, we dread even calling. Currently looking for a new doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Yarmark is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Scott Yarmark accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWilliam R Dickerman Do, 190 W Germantown Pike, Norristown, PA
Dr. Scott Yarmark is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norristown, PA.