Dr. Scott M Yarosh Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Scott M Yarosh?

Somebody do something about this man

Spent every visit talking about things that were completely irrelevant. I rarely got a word in. When I did get a word in, I would tell him the medicine wasn't working. Everytime he recommended increasing it until I was on 250mg of Zoloft! I'm 23 years old and 135lbs! The past 3 years of my life have been wasted away because all I can do is sleep. I told him I was experiencing brain zaps and he told me he had never heard of those and couldn't help me with that.

Awful. Avoid.

Troubling

Dr. Yarosh has a pleasant demeanor, overall, but I was always greeted by the wrong name and the majority of the appointments were spent discussing his personal opinions about various topic rather than checking in with me to see how the medication I was on was working or what my concerns might be. When asking for an option to add for increased side effects or symptoms, I was given only one choice. When I asked for a couple of options, as I had heard some concerning reviews of the one option he recommended and as I asked how successful his patients had been on this medication, he accused me of likely being one of "those" patients whom preferred to argue or turn down help. This left me feeling extremely distressed and misunderstood.

Extremely competent.

Wonderful Dr.

I have been seeing Dr. Yarosh for 8 years and he is a great phychiatrist. After seeing 3 Dr.'s before him who could not get my medications figured out he did it in 2 or 3 appointments and nailed it. When I have had issues he knew exactly what to do with my medications to get me evened out, it is uncanny how he knows just exactly what to do or how to change your medication. He remembers me, what we have spoken about in the past and always takes the time to sit down with me to discuss what has been going on in my life since my last appointment. Infact he took 35 minutes at one appt. to talk to me due to an issue I had. He is concerned and gets a good read on your personality, sometimes stating things about yourself that you know are true but no one else has mentioned. He states things how they are,not in a hurtful way, always in a helpful way. It is not uncommon for a cuss word to come out of his mouth, so if you are easily offend he may not be a good choice. I beleive he is the best psychiatrist in the Twin Cities and would not go to anyone else.

Kind of a strange dude, but what phsyciatrists aren't?

He nailed my diagnosis and changed me to the right meds on the first visit. I would reccomend him. He is moving to new officces so i hope his staff improves.