Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Scott J Zuccala
Dr. Scott J Zuccala, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Orchard Park, NY, with another office in Buffalo, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology and Gynecology. Dr. Zuccala is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center. Dr. Zuccala has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Scott J Zuccala has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Breast Exam
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I went to Dr. Zuccala initially only for a second opinion regarding a hysterectomy. I was so impressed by his knowledge, bed side manner, and how he interacted with me that I ended up asking him to perform my surgery instead of my regular Gyn doctor. He takes his time with you, answers your questions in layman's terms, and exuded confidence, but not arrogance. I am really surprised at how easy my recovery has been, and I have to credit Dr. Zuccala's surgical expertise! I would recommend him to anyone that is faced with the decision of a hysterectomy!
Dr. Zuccala is a great physician who is a brilliant surgeon . He is always professional, caring and has a calming manner. He is awesome at problem solving and patient education. Dr. Zuccala is supportive of treatment options and always willing to answer questions. He is personable and genuine in his interactions. His office runs efficiently and appointments run on time. He always spends enough time in the exam room and has always been respectful. I have been his patient for 10 years and have recommended several friends. He is a talented physician and a gift from god. He is as gentle as possible with his procedures and encouraging.
Dr. Zuccala is an incredible surgeon. Instead of the all-out abdominal-slice-type hysterectomy, Dr. Zuccala was able to do mine through a few tiny incisions in my abdomen, thereby making my recovery time much more pleasant. I knew the potential was there for him to have to make the long incision across my belly, and I fully expected that. When I awoke and found the tiny incisions, I was so happy. Also, his bedside manner and great sense of humor are an invaluable asset. He takes the time to answer my many questions too. Very patient.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Zuccala is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Scott J Zuccala accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Scott J Zuccala in this video.
Dr. Scott J Zuccala is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Orchard Park, NY.