Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sean B Barnes has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sean B Barnes has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
I have never in my life been confronted with such a lack of professionalism and contempt by a doctor. On my first visit as a new patient, my "physical" consistent of listening to my heart, tapping my knees, and looking in my ear. He sat casually on the exam table with his feet propped up on the exam room sink (ughh--the germs!) and latched onto something I shared and insisted on pushing pills. I reluctantly agreed, but changed my mind about the prescription. On the follow up, he went ballistic when he found out I refused the prescription, treated me rudely (and as stated by a previous reviewer, he WILL treat you like the village idiot if you don't follow orders!). He was threatening and rude. I received a letter from him a month later notifying me that I was dismissed as a patient for not "complying with his recommendations"! I had already secured a new (and much better) doctor the day after my visit. Stay away!!
As with other reviews, I went in for a routine physical and left with 3 specialist referrals and a large "office visit" bill just to tell me I was a healthy 20 something year old. I would not recommend this facility to anyone, the office staff is very disorganized and the billing codes used are anything they can "justify", instead of the reason for your visit. I was never billed for a "physical" which is the only reason I went to the appointment. I will not be going back to Dr. Barnes, he was nice enough but just seems like he sends you out for referrals to cover himself and then bills codes for treatment which he does not provide.
Dr. Barnes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Sean B Barnes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sean B Barnes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Zanesville, OH.