Dr. Sean Clinefelter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sean Clinefelter?

Horrible!!!!!!

Posted on July 20th, 2015

I went to see Dr. Clinefelter for extreme lower back pain, he told me to have an epidural block shots in my back to stop my pain. He went over my MRI ans showed me three herniated disc which was causing my pain. I asked him if I should have surgery and not do the epidural shots, he told me to try the shots and pain medication first then surgery would be our last option. So I had the first shot which didn't help at all and cause more pain, I came back a month later and told him I just wanted to do surgery and get on with my life. He got very nasty and said he wouldn't refill my pain medication and I need to do the second epidural shots, so I went ahead and had the second one done which didn't help at all. A month later I saw him again and told him I'm not doing the third epidural shot, he got nasty with me and told me that he will refuse to refill my pain medication and that he's done treating me. I asked him to give me a reference to a surgeon to have the surgery I needed, he told me to have my primary doctor get me one and that I needed to leave. I left and got to the surgeon who looked at my MRI and said I need a lower lumbar fusion and that Dr. Clinefelter should've send me to him and not did the shots. I had to wait three weeks for my surgery and was out of pain medication so I asked my primary care doctor who told me that Dr. Clinefelter would have to write me one until my surgery because I was still under his care. I called Clinefelters office four times and on the fourth time he called me back saying I was a drug addict and he refused to write me a prescription and if I called his office again he would "take it to the next level" I've been a police officer for ten years and personal that pi!!ed me off that he would said that about me. I have my phone recorded when he said that to me. I called my primary care doctor and told him and have him listen to the call. He took care of my pain management until my surgery and refused to refer any of his patients to Clinefelter. I've recovered from my injury and just hope other people say away from him. I've talked to NKC hospital and the Missouri doctor board. Please stay away from this horrible doctor!

Good job.

Posted on May 15th, 2013

I've seen at least 3 pain docs over the last 10 years. They all pretty much do the same stuff. Dr clinefelter at least took the time to show me what was wrong with my back. I thought he was nice.

disappointed

Posted on September 30th, 2012

I went to this quack for extreme back pain, and received little to no relief out of him. The epidurals he gave me didn't last very long at all so when I asked him if there was any other options he told me there was nothing he could do without even doing an exam, X-rays, MRI, etc. It seemed like if it wasn't pre authorized he didn't want to treat me. After he told me that he couldn't do anything I asked if he could atleast perscribe some medication to help with the pain he blew me off. Thanks for nothing

RUDE, POMPOUS AND FULL OF SELF

Posted on September 12th, 2012

THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY, BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCE. TREATS OLDER PATIENT LIKE A CHILD THROUGH SPEECH AND ATTITUDE. LACKS PROFESSIONAL MANNERISMS.EXHIBITS CONDESCENDING AND SUPERIORITY ATTITUDE. DOES NOT APPRECIATE PATIENT WHO DISAGREES. DENIES REQUEST FOR TREATMENT FOR PATIENT IN SEVERE PAIN. SHOWS HIS LACK OF EXPERIENCE, BASED ON HIS YEARS IN PRACTICE.WOULD NEVER GO TO THIS DOCTOR AGAIN. CAUSED ME EXTREME STRESS AND AT ONE POINT, PAIN.

Posted on April 25th, 2012

This Dr was in such a hurry to get the shot done and get on to the next patient, he lied on the office notes stating he did a full exam and he sat in a chair across the room, never touched me or even had a stethoscope in the room, when the first 3 shots didn't work he didn't want to continue until the insurance company paid his claims. His office is so poorly run it took 9 times for them to submit and get paid for a pre authorized procedure because of errors from his office, in the mean time he refused to do anymore procedures but I still had to go in for an office visit so he could fill the pain meds. A $300 office visit where he was never doing a thing--- rip off!

Very Happy

Posted on June 3rd, 2011

Ive been seeing Dr. Clinefelter for 4 years. Never had an issue with his bedside manner. When I had my nerve heating procedure his nurse told me the procedure worked better if i could do without sedation, because the doctor needed me to have a clear head to answer his questions during. I wont say it was the most comfortable but wasnt bad, and it worked great. Mine lasted about 8 months. I hope he doesnt go anywhere because he's really helped me.

GREAT DOC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on May 8th, 2011

I dont know what that last person was smoking - probably oxycontin. Ive been going to Dr. Clinefelter for the last 3 years, he's always been caring, and spent time explaining my problem and what I can do about it. Ive always found him very honest, I have had back pain for years and I know that there is not a cure for my problem. His technique for the injections I get is great. I have never had a problem, and the one time I called with a question, he personally called me back, When was the last time a doctor personally called you back. I wouldnt go anywhere else, and I would recommend him to anyone.

No care

Posted on March 6th, 2011

Went to him two times, first he took notes and seemed to care. Had a block and was in pain a few days later. Second time he seemed to be in a rush so I got my block, later that night I had a terrible headache and pain in chest. I called them and left a message. A day after the block I was in so much pain I went to the ER, because his office never got back to me. A few days after he personally called me and told me there is nothing he can do for me, I might as well not see him anymore. That was very upsetting. I ended up going to the ER again because the pain was so bad in chest and head. He is very uncaring.

Posted on February 13th, 2011

Great, nice guy. Spent time discussing my MRI which was nice, no one else had done that.

Posted on September 6th, 2010

Great

Posted on August 24th, 2010

Listened and explained well.

Posted on March 29th, 2010

Listened well. Very happy. I thought he had a good bed side manner.