Dr. Sean Houston Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sean Houston?

Excellent Doctor

Posted on April 26th, 2017

I have used Dr. Houston and his practice for over seven years and I highly recommend him. To date, Dr. Houston has treated three members of my family and, as a result, I am well-suited to evaluate him and his practice. First, he helped both of my children when they were suffering from chronic ear infections as toddlers. As a new parent, I was deeply concerned when my son became increasingly ill from repeated ear infections. Luckily, we found Dr. Houston. We were able to get an appointment quickly and easily. Dr. Houston reviewed all of the medical options with me in detail and provided support to me regarding my son's condition. After I decided that ear tubes would help my son, Dr. Houston and his staff quickly scheduled the surgery because they realized my son's situation was urgent. After the ear tube surgery, my son's health and quality of life immediately improved. When my daughter later developed the same condition, Dr. Houston again helped our family with the same level of skill and compassion. Most recently, Dr. Houston helped my wife when she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Initially, a routine examination with my wife's primary care physician revealed masses on her thyroid. When her primary care physician did not know where to refer her, my wife called Dr. Houston and he offered immediate assistance. He addressed her concerns in detail and helped her obtain interventional radiology services to diagnose the masses on her thyroid. Afterwards, he helped her review her options, answered all of her questions in detail, and performed the surgery that she elected. Thanks to Dr. Houston, my wife recovered quickly and is free of cancer. Based on my multiple experiences, Dr. Houston is an extremely skilled physician. He has an extensive breadth of knowledge and is highly proficient. Each time Dr. Houston performed surgery on my family members, I was confident in his abilities and grateful that he was able to help us. Additionally, meeting with him during the week has been easy and he has accommodated us whenever we needed to be seen. During office visits, he is through in his examination and spends a great deal of time answering our questions. Most importantly, Dr. Houston is caring and compassionate. I know that when my children and my wife have been entrusted to his care, that they were in the best possible hands. Dr. Houston would do everything in his power to achieve the best result. Throughout all of our experiences, he stayed with us every step of the way and kept us informed. Dr. Houston doesn’t simply treat a medical condition, but rather he treats the individual and he appreciates how a person’s illness affects the family. He is the rare combination of an expert in medical science and a truly good person.

Posted on May 25th, 2016

I have been treating with Dr. Houston for several months now and I have to say he is the only Dr. that took the time to listen to my issues and concerns. He thoroughly evaluated me in relation to my complaints of migraines, almost constant facial pressure/pain, as well as the annoying/painful ear pressure I was living with. I work in the medical field besides having a laundry list of issues that have lent me the dubious distinction of exposure to many different types of "bedside manners". While I will grant you Dr Houston may SEEM short with the patient, he is in my opinion respectful and compassionate in his overall manner. It can just as overwhelming for the physician when a patient comes in for help and may have gone to several other of the same type of doctor and unfortunately hasn't had the results they may have been hoping for. They, myself included tend to bring all that negative experience with them. Best to leave that type of thinking at the door and allow him to begin on a fresh slate to help the patient accomplish a more comfortable quality of life. That is hard, I know, but through this thinking and in conjunction with his level of expertise. I am scheduled to have surgery with him to correct several issues in just a weeks time...and I couldn't be more at ease or sure of the fact that I ended up in the right hands for my care. I will absolutely write another review post operatively to further review that aspect of my care with Dr. Houston. So, I truly hope that if you are a frustrated patient that has been through several other docs that just didn't get it done, that you can see plenty of us have had the same type of experience....BUT IT'S TIME TO MOVE FORWARD. With Dr. Houston you won't be sorry.

Posted on March 19th, 2016

Dr. Houston was very good. I would recommend him.

Posted on December 17th, 2015

I have to say I am beyond shocked at these reviews written below. Dr. Houston is not only a phenomenal doctor, he is a phenomenal individual. I have had the absolute pleasure to have worked as his assistant and right-hand man for 5 years previously. Believe me when I say this, I am NOT being biased either by writing this review. It is upsetting to see how so many people are quick to judge someone's character. Although Coastal Ear Nose and Throat is an extremely busy medical office, each doctor there has a limited amount of time to spend with each patient. The demands put on them daily are much of which most people could not handle, trust me, I have seen it and been around it first hand. As far as Dr. Houston reportedly having "bad bedside manner", some could take it that way, but it is more of him getting straight to the point and being able to help his patients instead of beating-around the bush. Most people think they need to explain every little thing or tell their entire history and in most cases they don't. The doctor and staff are already 10 steps ahead of you. He is extremely intelligent and one of the most sincere, kind-hearted, respected doctor I have met. Anyone I have known who has met him or got to know him on a professional level have all said the same thing, "He is amazing in every way." I have the upmost respect for Dr. Houston, always have, always will and for anyone who may have had a "bad experience", well I am sorry for you, but I would trust my life and anyone else's in his hands without a doubt.

Posted on November 5th, 2015

Dr. Houston did my husband's Septoplast for his deviated septum. He answered all of his questions and my husband did wonderfully after surgery. He is direct, professional and to the point. I would recommend him to anyone who wants direct, straight forward answers.

Worst bed side manner !!!

Posted on September 27th, 2015

Dr Houston examined my 80 year old mother. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. He was nasty because we thought she seasonal allergies and told us no she has 3 separate problems. He examined her and had her in pain . He told us in a very condescending way the next steps for treatment . His assistant was rude and rushed my mother at the end as he left quickly for the next patient. It was a Saturday and it was obvious they were rushing to get out. I read other reviews after and it confirmed that Dr Houston is abrupt and doesn't even introduce himself. If he doesn't like caring for older patients and being sensitive to the patients concerns he should only treat non seniors. I am a former Pharmacy Director , years in health care and have. Never seen such bad physican behavior.

AMAZING. AWESOME. WONDERFUL. KIND

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

Dr. Houston is awesome! He's intelligent, confident, compassionate, witty, knowledgeable and kind. I saw him for a concern with my neck and he gave me a thorough exam and explained everything to me. I went to him on a recommendation from my brother, boyfriend and three neighbors who all loved him. I feel the same way. I've read some negative reviews about him and I just don't see it. He is amazing and I will absolutely be back!

Sports Fan

Posted on May 19th, 2015

Fellow sports fan. Nice guy, good treatment. Recommend.

Posted on February 5th, 2015

The most arrogant, condescending, egomaniac of a bully that I have ever seen in my life. Does not listen or examine you. Talks down to you and treats you like you are stupid. Whatever you do, don't ask a question! Will never see him again or return to the practice.

Posted on January 16th, 2015

I went to Dr Houston due to having a clogged ear and tinnitus for several weeks. As a healthcare provider myself I pay extra attention to bedside manner and thoroughness. Dr. Houston was very quick to say all of my ear problems were related to TMJ....never considered this could be related to my sinuses...actually never took the time to ask me about any other symptoms. I decided to get a second opinion and turns out it was all related to a sinus infection that continued to linger on for weeks. Bottom line....don't waste your time with someone who clearly does not have the compassion to be a doctor.

Arrogrant, condescending doctor

Posted on December 12th, 2014

Terrible bedside manner. No empathy. Couldn't wait to get out of the exam room. Didn't care about my problem. I would never see him again under any circumstances.

mom of a patient

Posted on August 14th, 2014

My son was in so much pain and this dr took the time to care for him in a gentle manner. He has great manners and is extremely friendly.