Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sean C Marvil has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Sean C Marvil has the following 14 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Sean C Marvil has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
When I was deciding on getting the anterior hip replacement I was aware that many people from Taos would go to Espanola, just because the surgeon there is much older and has much more experience. After I met Dr. Marvil I knew there's no need to go and check out the other surgeon. I felt that I can completely trust Dr. Marvil. The surgery went smoothly, I had very fast recovery and six week later I am hiking again.
Dr. Marvil is a caring and conscientious doctor who succeeded in eliminating the debilitating hip pain I'd suffered with for years. There are no words to express the gratitude I feel for the wonderful job he did because now, at 70 years old, I feel like dancing again. As many say after hip replacement surgery, "I wish I'd done it sooner," and I wish that all doctors were as skilled and compassionate as Dr. Marvil.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
9 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 2009
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Dr. Sean C Marvil accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- Presbyterian Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTaos Orthopaedic Institute, 1219 Gusdorf Rd Ste A, Taos, NM
Dr. Sean C Marvil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Taos, NM.