Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sean B Murphy has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Murphy could not figure out what was wrong with me when I was in the hospital and insisted my symptoms were caused by only something he assumed was wrong. He was arrogant and insulting and it is because of him I will never go back to that hospital. As it turns out, I do have kidney dysfunction and luckily I have found a good doctor for my care.
15 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Sean B Murphy accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWaccamaw Kidney & Hypertension, 1052A Huger Dr, Georgetown, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sean B Murphy in this video.
Dr. Sean B Murphy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Georgetown, SC.