Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sean Rassman
Dr. Sean Rassman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ontario, CA, with another office in Fontana, CA. He has 12 years of experience. His specialties include Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Rassman is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente Ontario Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Sean Rassman has the following 2 specialties
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
An osteopath is a physician who is trained in the philosophy of osteopathic medicine. These doctors have a D.O. degree which stands for Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, as opposed to M.D. for Medical Doctor.
Osteopathic medicine differs from conventional medicine, which is sometimes referred to as allopathic medicine, in that they incorporate a type of manual therapy called Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine (OMM) into their treatment in which they manipulate the spine in order to relieve pain when other methods have not been successful. This is reflective of the philosophical difference between the two types of physicians; osteopaths are trained to treat the body as a whole in the belief that the body is structured with the ability to heal itself while medical doctors treat specific illnesses or symptoms.
Overall, osteopaths and medical doctors in the US are both equally qualified to treat patients and they work in the same settings and provide the same treatments.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Sean Rassman has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Rassman spent less than ten minutes with me and contradicted everything I came in for. He proceeded to tell me that I CAN walk on my right leg, and put my full weight on my right knee, which I definitely cannot without being in severe pain. He then told me I do not need to wear a brace at all, and that there was nothing wrong with my knee. In reality, I'm in excruciating pain, have limited range of motion in my knee, and it gives under my weight if I push myself too hard - all of which began immediately following an incident that occurred while completing fitness testing for law enforcement. I was not given ANY pain medication, nor offered modified duty for work. I was then left to schedule my own MRI, which I now have to wait three weeks for. There was absolutely no genuine care or concern for my wellbeing, my pain, or interest in how the injury was sustained. I felt like my visit was inconvenient to him and he had more important things to do.
Dr. Rassman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaiser Permanente Ontario Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center
12 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Sean Rassman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Kaiser Permanente
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sean Rassman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ontario, CA.