Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Seema S Sharma MD
Dr. Seema S Sharma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in San Francisco, CA and Union City, CA . She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Seema S Sharma has 3 locations
375 Laguna Honda Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94116
Book Online Now
Dr. Seema S Sharma has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Seema S Sharma has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Seema S Sharma is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
33 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Seema S Sharma Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Seema S Sharma's office for more information.
138 Delancey St New York, NY : (212) 609-2541
375 Laguna Honda Blvd San Francisco, CA : (415) 759-2300
33077 Alvarado Niles Rd Union City, CA : (510) 487-6000
More about Dr. Seema S Sharma
Dr. Seema Salwan Sharma is a Board Certified Family Physician. She grew up in Fremont and went abroad to Ross University, School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Family Medicine at St. John Hospital and Medical Center (one of the nation’s top 15 teaching hospitals by the Thomson Study). After completing residency in 2004, she went on to work in the Detroit Metro Area where she lived for the last 4 years. In that time, she has gained experience in primary care, urgent care, and home care (taking care of sick, elderly, and debilitated patients). Dr. Sharma has moved back to the Bay Area to be close to her family. She lives in Fremont, CA with her husband and 2 daughters. Dr. Sharma was born in Punjab, India but came to the US when she was only 5 years old. She is able to speak fluent Punjabi and Hindi.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Seema S Sharma is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.