Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Seema M Thekdi has the following 3 specialties
- Psychosomatic Medicine
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Holistic Health
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr Thekdi. She listens. I have seen other Doctors in her field and I have never encountered someone who will sit and talk about what is going on with you AND THEN decide what rx would best suit your needs. She cares. It is so obvious from the first moment appointment. She changed my way of looking at difficult situations.
Dr Thekdi is a wonderful dr. It is very unusual to find a psych that Takes the time and effort to actually try to "help" their patient Instead of staring at their desk and writing a Rx. She actually listens To her patients and talks with you. A psych dr who actually Cares about her patients is almost impossible to find.
Simply put: Dr. Thekdi changed my life. I was going through a very difficult time in my life and she was the perfect doctor to assist me. What I liked most about her was her ability to break out of "doctor" mode and sometimes share personal anecdotes that made me feel less stressed.. giving me a real world opinion instead of just doctor-psycho-babble. She was always courteous, punctual and rarely had to reschedule. I cannot say enough positive things about her. I realize finding the right doctor is a very personal issue, but in all I think Dr. Thekdi would fit anyone's personality.
19 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Locations & DirectionsMedical Center Neonatal Assoc PA, 5615 Kirby Dr Ste 440, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Seema M Thekdi in this video.
Dr. Seema M Thekdi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.