Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Seife Yohannes
Dr. Seife Yohannes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with another office in Falls Church, VA. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Yohannes is affiliated with Howard University Hospital, Laurel Regional Hospital and HOWARD COUNTY GENERAL HOSPITAL Pharmacy. He speaks English.
Dr. Seife Yohannes has 2 locations
110 Irving St NW
Washington, DC 20010
3300 Gallows Rd Fl 2
Falls Church, VA 22042
Book Online Now
Dr. Seife Yohannes has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.<br>Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Dr. Seife Yohannes has the following 11 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Cholesterol Management
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Preventive Medicine
- Hepatitis C
- Women's Health
Showing 2 of 2
Doctor Seife's professional handling
Self-verified patient of Dr. Seife Yohannes - Posted on June 22nd, 2012
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Yohannes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Seife Yohannes Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Seife Yohannes, MD - Infectious Disease in Washington, DC, in this video.
Dr. Seife Yohannes is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Washington, DC.