Dr. Selene G Parekh Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Selene G Parekh?

Too busy to pay much attention

Forgot things I told him in initial visits, and once I reminded him it required more visits and money. He also makes zero attempt to get to know patients which I imagine is why he doesn't register feedback that would be relevant to the diagnosis. That said, I need a competent doctor before a friendly one, so the fact that he does seem to know what he's doing for the 1.5 minutes of his time I get at least gets 3 stars.

Avoid this foot specialist

I have waited several years to post this review. I didn't want to be unfair or too harsh in my assessment. Dr. Parekh has a very pleasant, affable personality but in my case, his judgement was off. He has an odd philosophy of keeping patients in an immobilization boot for as many weeks (16 in my case) as he deems necessary- disregarding associated problems that will ensue from such a long period of immobilization. Go to one of the "real Duke" foot specialists and you will find out that they NEVER keep anyone immobilized for more than 6 wks for plantar fasciitis. In addition, Dr Parekh wrongly told me I had a fractured heel which was disproved when I finally insisted on an MRI at 16 wks. I ended up with overuse of my "good" foot and leg and tore cartilage in my "good" knee shortly after the boot came off- the knee injury occurred doing mild PT exercises under the direct supervision of a PT. My belief is that the long period of immobilization accelerated any existing knee arthritis and set me up for long term knee pain and disability which I still suffer from. Yes, he cured my plantar fasciitis but at what cost? Until you experience knee problems, you don't realize the importance of this major joint- heel pain pales in comparison.

Did a lot of research on the surgeons who specialize in the specific type of ortho foot surgery that I needed. Not only was Dr Parekh an excellent surgeon, he and his staff were very informative and addressed all my concerns and issues. I would highly recommend him for foot surgery.

Great doctor

When I went into surgery at Duke I asked one of the nurses about him, her quote was " been working here 20 years and he is the only one that I would let work on my mother when she needed someone, he is THE BEST" and I agree

Not impressed

To me an orthopedic surgeon not only has to properly diagnose, assess the appropriate treatment, and discuss details with patient, but must also exhibit a high level of manual dexterity and quality of care. I don't accept "sufficient" or "good enough" when pertaining my body. I saw the radiographs after the surgery and was not at all impressed. Sloppy work!!

Great doctor!

Dr Parekh is terrific. He did an extensive bunion surgery on my foot, that included straightening my toes, and I have several metal implants. He saw me each week after surgery, was kind and courteous, thorough, and truly one of the most efficient doctors I have ever met. I am now running and doing yoga better than before, and my foot looks great! I would recommend him to anyone.

best ankle surgeon in the country

one of the best

one of the best

Fantastic experience

Excellent bedside manner. I understood what was going on with me when i left. I had seen 3 other doctors before this and no one explained my conditio ...

Fantastic Foot and Ankle Surgeon

Great care, exceptional bedside manner.