Dr. Selina M Luger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Selina M Luger?

Excellent Physician

Dr Luger treated my boyfriend the last 9 months. She is an EXCELLENT Dr. She was nothing but the best as far as I am concerned. Not only her knowledge but her compassion toward us was amazing. I will never forget her or the kindness she has shown toward us. I knew when i chose her as our Dr. I was getting the best and i was correct.

Dr Luger is excellent.

Nothing moves quickly at the Abramson Cancer Center. But Dr Luger is worth the wait. She spends as much ch time as she needs to to really look at the patient, assess conditions and reach a diagnosis. My father has AML and has been a patient of Dr Luger for a year. We are very happy with her attention, her advice, her follow up. I can't say enough nice things about her.

Terrible Bedside Manner

Dr. Luger has terrible bedside manner. Her patients are in life-or-death situations and she is condescending and unkind. The least she can do is be nice even if she can't save their life. Please, Dr. Luger, be kinder. It means so much to someone who is so sick. It breaks my heart when I think of how you treated my loved one while he was in your care.

Actually, on a scale of one star to four, I'd rate Dr Luger about a twelve. From day one, she attacked my illness with a singleness of purpose. Win or lose, I got the sense immediately, that I had put myself in the hands of someone who was in the fight with me. Dr Luger saved my life, and made me feel extremely safe in the process, both equally remarkable accomplishments.

Poor follow through with course of care.

I was very disappointed with the follow through provided by Dr. Luger. She did not return any calls and inquires made by my family who were kept "guessing" most of the time. Please be aware that while University of Pennsylvania may have a stellar reputation if your illness does not fall into any of the docs research specialties and they can't use your case for statistical purposes and grant applications you will be treated better at a hospital located in a third world country. They will not admit mistakes, which as we know is the first step in fixing a problem. They are fast to call "meetings" with family members but these are just a waste of time since they do not process and act on constructive critisism. Make sure you do your own research and have as many family member advocates as you can because it will become a full time job making sure that you get the care you are paying for. Do not let any staff both docs and nurses talk you into anything you are not completely comfortable in doing. Good Luck! I wish I had a time machine because I would not have gone there.

very intelligent and responsive; support staff is fair