Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Selvin Sudhakar has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Selvin Sudhakar has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Selvin Sudhakar is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I have a family history of sudden cardiac death & pacemakers before the age of forty in 4 of my aunts. I have positive cardiolipin antibodies & a clotting disorder (antiphospholipid). I have autoimmune disease & connective tissue disorder which predispose me to autonomic, cardiac & vascular disease. Lately, my heart rate has been skyrocketing when I'm at rest (this is verified by FDA approved App on my iPhone & my internal medicine doctor), short of breath, lightheaded. Since I have MS, I'm already a fall risk. Dr. S redid the same tests I'd already had done, that were previously negative - no new tests. When I asked for further tests, especially electrophysiology referral, he rattled off the tests he'd normally order, but then told me that his "ethics" wouldn't allow that, as he feels my symptoms are all due to ANXIETY. He interacted with me for less than an hour. Sure, those can be symptoms of anxiety, but a cardiologist is supposed to conduct due diligence in ruling out all of the other things within his specialty of medicine that the symptoms might be - you know, the potentially life-threatening things,. I have no doubt that had I been a man sitting in that exam room, I'd have been treated with respect and due care; I would've been given a thorough investigation of my symptoms. This pathetic excuse for a caregiver wasted my time, my energy and my money!
28 Years Experience
Tirunelveli Medical College
Graduated in 1990
St Elizabeth Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUTMB Galveston (John Sealy), 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX
Dr. Selvin Sudhakar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Galveston, TX.