Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Selwyn-Lloyd L Mcpherson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 52
He misdiagnosed me as having major depressive disorder and put me on Effexor which caused me to have a severe negative reaction. He would not consider for a moment that he might have been wrong. Even when I was complaining of serious physical and mental side affects. I finally stopped seeing him and took myself off the Effexor and felt better(still do - years later) for the first time in nearly 1 Â½ years. I should have listened to the other reviewers but I got caught up in his likable demeanor. His ego supersedes his knowledge. Please trust me when I say there are more competent doctors out there than this man and they will seek a genuine diagnosis as opposed to sticking to a knee jerk reaction as this doctor does.
Absolutely horrible experience. After waiting a month to get in, they had no record of me when I went to my appt and said to call back tomorrow to speak with someone. Somehow when I called back, they had all my information and said that my slot wad double booked so my appt was kicked. I was rescheduled for 1 week and a half. So when I went in the next week, I was the only patient in the waiting room. After an hour of waiting I asked how much longer and the front desk person said there's 4 people on front of you, so at least 2 hours more. Ridiculous. And the fact that you can't bring you children (which is understandable ) meant my husband missed work the first time for jo reason and my mother drove and hour the second time to watch my kids for no reason. No respect for patients.
Dr. Mcpherson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of The West Indies Jamaica
Graduated in 1979
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Selwyn-Lloyd L Mcpherson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSelwyn-Lloyd E Mcpherson Md, 1 Park West Blvd Ste 320, Akron, OH
Dr. Selwyn-Lloyd L Mcpherson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.