Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sergio R Mather has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sergio R Mather has the following 10 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Sergio R Mather has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 23
Wish I could give zero stars. Completely incompetent, arrogant, deceiving and worthless is a start in describing this so called endocrinologist. I saw him on several visits and he offered absolutely no help in my condition, not even when it was gradually worsening per my blood work on my last couple of visits with him. (I have hyperthyroidism and Graves disease with multi-nodular goiter.) He always seemed as if he did not want to be bothered and never even explained much of anything. He was actually more concerned in farming me out to other specialists for other issues outside of his expertise and has no knowledge of despite the fact that I had re-assured him that it was being monitored by my primary doctor, and since I did not go to the other specialist he referred me to, he had the audacity to question my other major conditions which he has absolutely no knowledge of and from which I have suffered with since childhood and is a reason why I have Grave's disease in the first place! That is when I had enough and decided to not go back to waste my time and money with him. Best thing he could do is retire already because he should not be practicing, he's a disgrace to the medical profession! It shouldn't surprise me that he's at IMA, that place is absolutely deplorable. His office staff is atrocious too, especially Lindy, the older woman who takes you back into the room. Avoid at all costs!
I have waited two months to see Dr. Mather. The office lost my records twice, scheduled my appointment on a day he was not in, and then proceeded to cancel my appointment without ever bothering to inform me. IMA is completely imcompetent and not trustworthy. I don't know how the doctor is because I haven't been able to even get to him, but I will be seeking treatment elsewhere.
I went in as a new patient, I felt as if he spent a good enough time with me. He listened to my concerns and explained things in great detail. I have been to another Endocrinologist specialist before and always felt very rushed. Dr. Mather was very polite and had a decent bed-side manner that I even recommended my Mother that she make an appointment to see him. I will continue seeing him for further care. Great Doctor!
Dr. Mather was professional but I felt rushed. While describing my medical condition, I was cut off several times. I then explained, I waited 2 months to get an appt., and I would appreciate his professional courtesy. He then stated he was the expert and I should follow up with my primary. I will be seeking another endocrinologist for my contiued care.
University Of Miami Health System
Dr. Sergio R Mather accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Associates, 13813 Metro Pkwy, Fort Myers, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sergio R Mather in this video.
Dr. Sergio R Mather is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.