Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sergio E Rojter has the following 2 specialties
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sergio E Rojter has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis B
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Liver Disease (Alcoholic)
Dr. Sergio E Rojter has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 45
Dr. Rojter is a very kind and patience physician and truly appreciated. I would highly recommend him to all!
I am now cured of Hep C and Dr. Rojter was great. What I liked about his style is that he is extremely detailed and informative explaining the various treatment options and data to backup his recommendations. The office was very thorough and followed up on lab work, visits as well as making sure the pharmacy that dispenses the medication was on top of the disbursements to avoid any lapse in treatment. It is important to find a doctor that understands all the potential side effects, drug interactions, what you can and cannot do with respect to treatment so that the chances of success and/or inability to get cured are told at the onset. He is on top of his game and has no issue with explaining treatments, success, failures as well as the overall issues which can result from liver disease across the board. He is a no nonsense doctor with an even keeled demeanor that exudes confidence and trust. The staff are extremely helpful, patient and always pleasant to deal with. I highly recommend this physician.
Dr. Sergio E. Rojter isâ¦ âThe Worst Doctor In Californiaâ. Heâs a liver specialist doctor that never spends more than 7 seconds speaking to his patients face to face, if heâs speaking to his patients, he will instantly divert his attention to his tiny laptop for the remainder 3 minutes which is the entire equivalent time he will spend with his patients. To make matters worse, he will always undiagnosed you and âneverâ find whatâs really wrong with you. Heâs uncaring, bad-mannered & has this superiority complex demeanor to him, as if heâs more âGrandeurâ than everyone else because heâs a doctor. My Mother had Liver cirrhosis with very painful stomach pains for many years, and this Doctor always kept saying there was nothing wrong with her, only that she had Cirrhosis of the liver and that it was part of her advancing ailment. Therefore, would never prescribe any medicine or further studies to see what really was causing the pains. It was only when my motherâs primary doctor that one day said enough is enough. Iâm going to refer you to another hospital with another liver specialist to give you a better opinion. He referred her to USC Keck hospital. Within 1 or 2 weeks, they quickly made some much needed tests and the following day, gave her the dreaded news that she had now developed stage 4 âStomach Cancerâ and the Cancer had now metastasized into her lymph nodes. Had her original liver specialist Dr. Sergio E. Rojter, been more quick thinking, nurturing & caring from way back since her liver had not yet advanced to cirrhosis, my Mother would still be alive today. I feel that his lack of interest & unprofessionalism, make him an incompetent and dangerously risky doctor to have. Never put your trust in only one single doctor. Please be careful out there when choosing a Doctor for your loved ones, we only have one set of parents, brothers or sisters.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Sergio E Rojter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSergio Rojter Md, 1245 Wilshire Blvd Ste 707, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Sergio E Rojter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.