Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sergio Zamora has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 21
My husband was at the ER three days prior to his appointment with this MD. When I called to scheduled, they only asked for his name and the lady who scheduled my appt was in such a hurry that I couldnt say anything after. So the day of the appt comes, we arrive an hour early to be able to fill out the proper paperwork and for them to be able to verify our insurance. Thirty min layer they tell us that my deductible isn't met and that we have a copay. So I tell them, no my deductible is met and I don't have a copay, I have a coinsurance of 15% of the allowed. The lady in the front didn't know what I was talking about so, I called my insurance and once I had my insurance on the phone, I gave her the ph and she verify what I had told her. Well, the office decided to charge me a copay of 25.00 before my consult. Even though they had already talked to my insurance that I don't have a copay. My question to them was, "how do you know what the Dr will do and order" that's when the office manager comes out and she tells me with a very ugly attitude and eye sight " what, do you need help" I was in shocked by her attitude. The manager, started to tell me that I have to pay before the visit so I asked ok, so what cpt code are you using so I can ck with my insurance the allowed and pay my coinsurance, she stated, we can't give out that information. so I ask her again, "how do you know what to charge me" her reply was" we don't we are just charging you a third level consult" so I ask, third level, isn't that for an established patient???Mmm, red flag.... So she looks at me and then she leaves and I'm still at the window. So I said, ok I guess I'll get a refund or a statement later on. Well, couple of min later with the receipt in my hands, they called me and stated that as per the PA and the office manager they are refusing to see me, that I have to leave the premises. I was in shock. Why would they do that? Because they new I couldn't be tricked like all those old people. Basically I was a threat to whatever wrong doing at that practice. I used to wk at drs office and copay yes are due at the time of visit, coinsurance is due when the Dr have seen you, in other words, the Dr will let the bullet knows what he wants to do and then prior to the exams, the pt is notify of the charges in the room...never again going to this Dr...very bad office...
Dr. Zamora is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Sergio Zamora accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSergio Zamora Family Medicine, 2450 El Indio Hwy, Eagle Pass, TX
Dr. Sergio Zamora is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eagle Pass, TX.