Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Serguei Melnitchouk
Dr. Serguei Melnitchouk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Surgery. Dr. Melnitchouk is affiliated with Cambridge Hospital, Franklin Regional Hospital and Lakes Region General Hospital. Dr. Melnitchouk has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Serguei Melnitchouk has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I had open heart surgery with Dr. Melnitchouk in August (2017). My experience with Dr.M and MGH was superior. He was very professional and personal both before and after the surgery. He explained exactly what would be done during this 7 hour procedure and certainly made this experience much easier. I would certainly recommend him to anyone who has heart valve issues. I can't thank you enough Dr. Melnitchouk!
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Melnitchouk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg
Graduated in 2000
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Serguei Melnitchouk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Dr. Serguei Melnitchouk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.