Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Serhat Aytug has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Serhat Aytug has the following 18 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cholesterol Management
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid Diseases
Showing 5 of 14
I have hypothyroidism. I went to this dr and told him I wasn't feeling well. He told me he isn't sure I have a thyroid condition despite the fact that I had been on thyroid meds for TEN years. He then told me to STOP TAKING my thyroid meds so he can "do some tests". He assured me that he knows what he's doing and that I should trust him. I reluctandly stopped taking the med as he told me and with a week or two I almost died. I felt like I had a poison going through my entire body, my heart was pounding and my thyroid was gurgling!! My throid is now so screwed up because of him that it's still extremely sensitive and I still live with a tightness in the front of my neck every day. He has cost me hundreds of dollars in medical bills and days off from work being sick trying to get my thyroid back in balance. After he told me to stop taking the thyroid med I had been on for ten years, he couldn't understand why my heart was pounding and said he thinks I might have a heart condition. It cost me $80 in co-pays to a heart specialitst to prove to this nut that I don't have a heart condition. I would never go to him again and don't know how an endocrinologist would tell someone it's ok to stop taking thryoid meds and send me home with a dangerously hight TSH He is extemely incompetent!
Dr Aytug is a wonderful Doctor. He took the time to answer all questions, and did not rush, he explained everything and took the time to make sure everything was understood. I am so happy to see a Doctor who actually cares about spending the time with a patient and cares. I wish there were more like him.
I found Dr. Aytug to be a very warm individual, who is attentive and compassionate. He is a good listener and is motivational. The nurse took a urine sample and blood after my office visit. The doctor will review my results and call me in a few days, so they saved me a trip to the lab to have blood drawn. It was a very productive office visit and I enjoyed meeting with this physician.
Dr. Aytug is a very good Doctor, kind, and attentive. I went in with the hopes that for once a doctor would listen to me not placate me. I was able to tell him all my concerns and he actually looked past my appearance and listened, really listened. Because of this, after so many doctors, we have been able to get an accurate diagnosis. It will be a long road but at least we know what we are fighting. All thanks to a Doctor that listened.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Serhat Aytug accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Jude Heritage Medical Group, 100 E Valencia Mesa Dr Ste 105, Fullerton, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Serhat Aytug in this video.
Dr. Serhat Aytug is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fullerton, CA.