Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Serina T Chung has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
I spoke with the office staff of Dr. Chung and it seems that she has retired from Rheumatology and is not seeing patients in an office setting any more. I was given a follow up in the office with one of the other doctors (Dr. Brodsky) and have been more then happy with my care. My care has been uninterrupted and I feel I continue to get the best care possible. I am feeling great and will defiantly be following up with Dr. Brodsky!
I have been a patient of Dr Chung on and off for the last 8 years. She has always been very thorough and caring. Today I called to make an appointment to see Dr Chung and was told she no longer works there. The office was unable to give me any forwarding information. If anyone has any information as to where Dr Chung is now practicing please post. Thank you.
I saw Dr. Chung for several years since approximately 2009 or 2010, and she was always caring and helpful. I try to make an appointment with her and found out she's not doing rheumatology in the same practice anymore and I don't know where she has gone. Whatever she is doing I'm sure she is doing an extraordinarily well and I wish her well I would like to find out if she's practicing anywhere where I can go and see her again!
I went to another doctor on the North Shore who was incompetent and did not address my discomfort in my joints and did not offer me appropriate treatment.Dr Chung addressed my concerns and together we discussed appropriate treatment and discussed the potential side effects from the medications.She was kind,caring and had my best interests at heart.I would definitely recommend her as a doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2015, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
21 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Serina T Chung accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Serina T Chung in this video.
Dr. Serina T Chung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Cove, NY.