Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Seth Anderson Jr
Dr. Seth Anderson Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Barbara, CA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Anderson is affiliated with Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital and Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Seth Anderson Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Seth Anderson Jr has the following 3 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Seth Anderson Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Seth Anderson Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Stay away, he was removed from my sons Lyme case as he self admits he knows nothing about Lyme ( he's never treated it,unless he agreed, which is never, according to him... which means he's not an expert. ) When the CDC says its so, and a science denier dissents.. run away. He's a bloviating narcissist and good riddance to so called doctors like this. He owes me a lot of money, due to his shenanigans. Which I'll never see. Thanks, NON DOCTOR. So much for " do no harm"
Dr. Anderson is probably the most caring, concerned and knowledgeable Dr. I have ever had the pleasure of being treated by. He spent an amazing amount of time on my case over the period of 7 days in the hospital. Called on anyone who could help with my diagnosis and just provided me with peace of mind that he would get to the bottom of my illness. Follow up he called last night 4 days after my release to make sure I was set up for an appointment and to see how I was holding up. If you are ill this is your man he doesn't stop until he solves the puzzles.
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
50 Years Experience
University of Washington
Graduated in 1963
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions221 W Pueblo St, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Seth Anderson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.