Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Seymour A Rapaport has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Contacted this doctor twice in a span of 3 months, left messages and no call back. Finally made a 3rd attempt and received an appointment. On appointment day, i was placed in a room for 30 minutes and an assistant walked in to the room to pick up an instrument without acknowledging me being the room and left. After 15 minutes, assistant came back in the room and asked me what i wanted. Informed assistant of the treatment needed and did not assess the affected area. Assistant prepared a draft of the quote/estimate and left the room. On her way out, i asked the assistant if she should share some of this information and stated, " i have to make a copy first". This was trully dissapointing considering no other information was provided of the service. When asked questions about the service, the assistant had an attitude and did not explain services. Very bad bedside manner.
I saw Dr. Rapaport during a visit to an Urgent Care facility. Words are insufficient to describe what an excellent doctor he is. I've never had such a doctor visit before: he was very thorough (he asked me questions about my health background that went beyond the immediate concern of the painful rash that motivated my "emergency" visit), extremely attentive to detail, and seemed genuinely concerned and interested in my well-being. He could have just treated my rash (it was a fairly straightforward medical problem), but instead of taking the "quick route" of just treating what I came in there for, he asked many more questions, clearly wanting to fully understand the bigger picture of my health situation. I was so impressed by him, that I am hoping that he can be my family doctor.
Dr. Rapaport is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
57 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1961
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. Seymour A Rapaport accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSan Jose Medical Group, 625 Lincoln Ave, San Jose, CA
Dr. Seymour A Rapaport is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.