Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Seyyed N Ghaemi has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Seyyed N Ghaemi has the following 15 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Seyyed N Ghaemi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Ghaemi is incredibly arrogant and condescending. At one point, he said, "You're coming to me because I have an M.D. and know things you don't." I thought that statement was unnecessary. He even had to mention that he knows what he's doing because he has "over 20 years of experience in this field." Furthermore, he appeared disengaged the whole time. For the majority of the session, he wasn't even facing me, and barely made eye contact when we spoke. Although he claimed to be listening, on at least three occasions he asked me to repeat something I had already said, two of which were the same thing. He only asked some questions regarding my history of depression. Then he made incorrect assumptions about my other diagnoses, solely based off of my current medications, without bothering to inquire about the onset or my symptoms. Not once did he ask me about other factors in my life that could be exacerbating symptoms, and he interrupted me when I tried to explain. I got the impression that he was more interested in confirming his theories, than understanding my concerns. He was dismissive multiple times. He said that if I wanted to work with him, I would have to do things his way. Otherwise, he said, "you can go back to your psychiatrist who will prescribe whatever you want." My previous psychiatrist actually listened to my symptoms over a period of time, along with my history, to made a diagnosis according to the DSM, before prescribing that medication. That Dr. Ghaemi would insult a doctor whom he doesn't even know, really infuriated me. While he did make a few valid points, his "bedside manner" could have used a lot of improvement.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
28 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Seyyed N Ghaemi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsTufts Medical Center, 800 Washington St, Boston, MA
Dr. Seyyed N Ghaemi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.