Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shabana J Jessani has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Shabana J Jessani has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 5
As a mother of two special needs children, one with autism and one with ADHD, I can't even begin to imagine how differently their lives would be without Dr Jessani's intervention. We have been patients of her's for 10 years and we drive an hour one way to see her because she is worth it. She listens intently to me and the boys even though she may have a waiting room full of patients, she makes us feel like we are the only patient' s she has. I have never felt rushed and she has always addressed my concerns about the boys and ensures that the whole family is doing well. She has even been very supportive to me regarding issues that the boys are having that are not related to the care she provides. She is well versed in up to date treatments. She genuinely cares about my family and she is very compassionate and kind.
This is a good doctor to go to if you need to get into someone fast for an initial diagnosis of autism to start AzEIP services for your child. However, for my son's follow-up visit three months later she rushed the appointment, would not answer medical or therapy related questions, was not familiar with the current programs OTs are using, and did not let me give her the whole picture of my son's progress. She did not give us any new information or elaborate on what our goals should be for my son's progress. when I left I felt like she had no idea how my son is doing. And she is charging $340 for the appointment.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
29 Years Experience
Sindh Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Shabana J Jessani accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsMelmed Center, 4848 E Cactus Rd Ste 940, Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Shabana J Jessani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Scottsdale, AZ.