Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Shabnam K Qasim
Dr. Shabnam K Qasim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in River Oaks, TX. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Qasim is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth and Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth. Dr. Qasim has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Shabnam K Qasim has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shabnam K Qasim has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Shabnam K Qasim has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shabnam K Qasim is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 56
I all ready knew this doctor was not going to be any good the first day. I step in the building for my frist appointment I was on time they had me sitting there over 30 min right when I went in they immediately wanted to take a sleep study test. I told them I don't need one I came to get my blood work done not for a sleep study test.I had to wait 3 week to get my blood results back and They never called me to let me know the blood results were in. The second time I seen the doctor she didn't even have my blood test results with her or in her hands and automatically judge me and wanted to put me in therapy and meds.She got upset cause I told her I did not come down for a sleep study or therapy I came down to see about my weight problem and I will have a second opinion on another doctor. I will never go back to this doctor.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Qasim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1992
Wayne State University
Dr. Shabnam K Qasim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsShadnam Qasim, 4819 River Oaks Blvd, River Oaks, TX
Dr. Shabnam K Qasim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near River Oaks, TX.