Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shabnum H Sheikh has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Shabnum H Sheikh has the following 14 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Shabnum H Sheikh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Sheikh spends ample time making sure I am safe and has a great deal of patience with me. She is very compassionate, kind, and understanding. She doesn't make me feel worse instead, I don't want to leave my sessions because she has remarkable insight and her demeanor and intellect is beyond words. I am blessed to have her for as my psychiatrist, I don't think I would be alive if it had not been for her supportive nature. She calms me when I would otherwise be enraged! God bless her
Dr. Sheikh was my doctor for several years. My first doctor left the ADD clinic and Dr. Sheikh took over the caseload. What a break, Dr. Sheikh is a wonderful Dr. very knowledgeable and expresses a real interest in the patient's situation. My son also became a patient of Dr. Sheikh's and he feels the same as I. She has a relaxed demeanor which helps the patient to easily interact with the Dr.
20 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsShabnum Hamid Sheikh Md, 201 E Liberty St Ste 15, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Shabnum H Sheikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.