Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shadi A Altwal has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shadi A Altwal has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Shadi A Altwal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 52
this Dr is very rude, he dont want to listen to anything you have to say and its your body , he likes to give medince to you that you dont need , i had this dr for 4 years and he had me on blood pressure medince , after he walked out of exam room on me and was told by nurse he wont see me anymore , and he also knew iam treated by a psychiatric for bi-polar manic depression ,explovisae disorder and anti social disorder , so now i see a new Dr that treats me as a patanit not an gunnie pig and im not on any typew of blood pressure medince just what is needed for my Bi-Polar or mental illiness , My advice is to find yourselfs a new Doctor or Dr ALTWAL is going to harm you
really nice and helped me alot
18 Years Experience
University Of Jordan
Graduated in 2000
Michael Reese Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Shadi A Altwal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Carelink from Coventry Network
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEffingham Health Center, 900 W Temple Ave Ste 208, Effingham, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shadi A Altwal in this video.
Dr. Shadi A Altwal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Effingham, IL.