Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shaena H Blevins has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Shaena H Blevins has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Shaena H Blevins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shaena H Blevins - Posted on July 23rd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shaena H Blevins - Posted on April 13th, 2018
Today was my first visit with Dr. Blevins and I was a nervous wreck. Just my personality....I absolutely adore her, and I am very picky with doctors since my career was in the medical field. She made me feel at ease, took plenty of time to address my concerns. Feel so good that I have finally found a neurologist that I feel is on my team!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shaena H Blevins - Posted on September 15th, 2015
Dr. Blevins is an excellent Neurologist. She's very thorough, very personable and she cares. She doesn't rush you through, like your on an assembly line. My only complaint is that she doesn't come to Blarsviile once a week any more, but she's worth the trip across Blood Mountain for the knowledge and quality. I would recommend her to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shaena H Blevins - Posted on July 31st, 2015
Very Positive Experience
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shaena H Blevins - Posted on January 13th, 2014
On-Time Doctor Award (2018, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2015, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2014)
13 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Shaena H Blevins Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNORTHEAST GEORGIA PHYSICIANS GROUP, 1315 Jesse Jewell Pkwy NE, Gainesville, GA
Dr. Shaena H Blevins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gainesville, GA.