- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shafqat M Akhtar MD
Dr. Shafqat M Akhtar, MD is a doctor primarily located in Santa Rosa, CA, with another office in Santa Rosa, CA. They have 40 years of experience. Their specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
Dr. Shafqat M Akhtar has 2 locations
Dr. Shafqat M Akhtar has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Shafqat M Akhtar has the following 14 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
40 Years Experience
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Shafqat M Akhtar Accepts the Following Insurance
- 401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa , CA : (707) 393-4000
- 401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa , CA 95403
More about Dr. Shafqat M Akhtar
As your physician, I value my relationship with you. And I know that maintaining a good relationship means being able to communicate with each other. My colleagues and I have developed My Doctor Online so that we can stay in touch more easily. Because the better connected we are, the healthier you are. Background After graduating from medical school and completing an Internal Medicine residency on the East Coast, I joined the Oncology fellowship training program at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California. During my fellowship training, I did a rotation at one of the Kaiser Permanente facilities and was struck with the beauty and benefits of an integrated health care system. The system worked seamlessly. This rotation also afforded me the opportunity to get to know the Kaiser Permanente physicians and see how satisfied they were with their career choice. I was especially impressed with the liberty with which these physicians operated, without interference from administrators and other insurance regulators. It was therefore so easy to make decisions in the best interest of Kaiser Permanente members, unshackled by other influences. Kaiser Permanente became a natural choice for me and after completing the fellowship, I joined The Permanente Medical Group. I have been at the Santa Rosa facility since 1999 and have been Chief of Oncology since 2001. Our department is staffed with able and compassionate staff members who place the interest of our members above anything else. I am happy to be part of the team and consider it a privilege to work alongside such a dedicated group of people. I had been interested in tumor biology all along and during my Internal Medicine training, I realized that among all specialties, Medical Oncology was the discipline to which I was drawn. This led to further training (a fellowship) at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California. I consult a multitude of sources including Oncology, Hematology and other medical journals, text books, meetings and seminars to stay up-to-date on the current developments.