Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shahab Aftahi
Dr. Shahab Aftahi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Goodyear, AZ, with another office in Phoenix, AZ. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Aftahi is affiliated with Maryvale Hospital and Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center. He speaks English and Persian (Farsi).
Dr. Shahab Aftahi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Aftahi was both my elderly mother and my husbands doctor. He treated my Mom during her stay at West Valley Hospital, as she had to have both an endoscopy & colonoscopy to check for internal bleeding due to a low hemoglobin. He was very thorough, while providing excellent care. Unfortunately, my mother passed away a few months later due to other complications (renal failure & heart disease). Dr Aftahi is a great physician who consistently displays excellent bed-side manners. My husband was also very satisfied with his care during his first out-patient colonoscopy. I highly recommend this doctor.
Dr shahab aftahi was brought to west valley hospital to help out with my ulcerative colitis flare up. This idiot managed to make my bleeding worst and did not want to listen to anything I had to say about my previous doctor visits. Every time I ask him a question or tell him what other doctors recommended me before, he would roll his eyes and tell me"if you wanna go to other doctor go head" not realising that i was admitted to a public hospitals emergency room without a choice of a specific doctor. All Dr shahab aftahi was concerned about was to get me discharged while my bleeding was worst than before and give me his personal medications from his personal office. After I told him all of the information that dr has given me is common knowledge on the internet his inner middle Easter macho man came out and he got extremely rude, and literally running away from my room while I had to rush to the bathroom to take another bloody deareah. Thanks for making my condition worst dr a ftahi.
Dr. Aftahi was my husbands doctor also and we were both very happy with having him perform the procedure he did on my husband. For if it had not been done we never would haave found out that my husband had colon cancer, and it was caught in time to be able to do something about it. I went in myself and had the colonoscopy done 2 months ago and thank god that my results were good. i would highly recommend him to anyone that needs to have any procedures done. I Thankyou Dr. Aftahi.
Dr. Aftahi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Bergen Regional Medical Center
Dr. Shahab Aftahi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shahab Aftahi in this video.
Dr. Shahab Aftahi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Goodyear, AZ.